The Department of Islamic Religious Education in Islamic Theological Studies at the University of Vienna is organizing an International Virtual Symposium “Islamic Organisations in Europe and their Notions of Education” June 25-25.2021.
We invite academics, researchers, and students to submit proposals for presentations/papers in the form of abstracts.
The Symposium papers will ultimately be published as chapters in an edited volume.
We are interested in paper proposals that discuss “Islamic Organisations and their Notions of Education”” in relation to at least one of the following topics:
- The theological and ideological orientations that characterise the educational establishments of Islamic organisations
- Which specify networks are visible across Europe
- Which new pedagogical concepts underly the foundations of Islamic schools in Europe
- What constitutes the training of Imams and religious education teachers
- Which reform-oriented organisations are supporting the development of an European dimension of Islam
- Does political Islam influence the religious development of Muslim children, and in which ways
- Which state measures are most appropriate and successful in supporting the integration of Islamic organisations
- What are the impacts of state-recognised Islamic organisations on the activities of Muslims
- How are Islamic organisations supported by non-European countries and what are the consequences of the financial and political influences of foreign interests on the notions of education among European Muslims
Please submit proposals consisting of:
- abstracts of under 300 words with essential bibliography,
- a brief curriculum vitae,
- current academic affiliation
at: email@example.com by May 1st, 2021. The language of the symposium is English/German.
You will receive notification of acceptance by June 1th, 2021
Further information: https://loie.univie.ac.at/